Hollywood Blvd

Hollywood Blvd

Sunday, October 18, 2015

Dogs

Annie's Log, 10/18/15:

Dogs are great. I love dogs. They're my favorite.

Dogs love everything. Everything is the best thing ever. Including you. To a dog, you are the best thing ever. And so is a squeaky toy. And dinner time. And a spoonful of peanut butter. And a ride in the car.


It's really hard transitioning from life-with-dogs to life-without-dogs. Even though I was only home for about three weeks between the end of working at Camp Chestnut Ridge and moving up here, those were three weeks with dogs in my life.

And before I go any further, yes, of course I miss my human family and my human friends. But dogs are different. Dogs are dogs.

I had a wonderful conversation the other day with four other people in my class where we basically all just gushed about our dogs for 10 minutes while on break from lecture. We shared pictures of our pooches on our phones and talked about how much we miss having dogs. It was happy and sad at the same time.

I miss Murphy:


And Teddy, too, I guess:

I've taken to watching YouTube videos of dogs to satiate my need for canine cuteness and cuddliness. These are some of my faves:





https://vid.me/TWAX (this one is great, but not from YouTube so I can't upload it here).

Here's a dog who loves digging more than life itself.

And another dog who doesn't want to be in trouble because he loves his master.

Dogs are inspirational:



And philosophical:


Dogs are happy bundles of love with a built-in meter to show just how excited they are to see you even though you just left like six seconds ago.

Dogs don't judge you for your taste in music or your singing talent. They love to hug you and think that you're the most amazing thing ever when you feed them. They cuddle with you and sometimes when they're asleep they have dreams about running and you can watch them kick their little legs while they snooze. They're loyal and loving and goofy and great.

Dogs are perfectly expressed in the form of Dug from Pixar's "Up"



I like dogs. Dogs are the best.

End Log.

1 comment: